FULL FIELD TEST
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
Tag leads before removal.
2. Remove five screws, lockwashers, and leads from
bottom of regulator.
3. Insulate leads from V,P, and Z terminals.
4. Connect 6 volt lantern battery NSN 6135-00-643-1310,
(or equivalent that can supply 1.0 amp current at 6 volts)
with (+) battery and lead connector to W lead and (-)
battery and lead connector to Y lead. Insulate all
5. Monitor voltage across alternator output studs. Meter
must be capable of reading 50 volts.
Ensure all vehicle and on board equipment are turned
off. Higher voltages could damage components.
6. Connect battery ground cable.
7. Start vehicle and run engine to 900 rpm. Run only
long enough to obtain a stable output voltage reading.
8. Stop engine, remove 6 volt battery and leads.
If installing alternator, reconnect regulator (para 4-114).
0-45 DC VOLTS
STE/lCE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED clip to the indicated test point,
BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89, DC volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.