Ensure all electrical loads are disconnected
or turned off. Higher voltage could damage
components in other devices.
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
2. Loosen screws.
3. Remove clamp pins from slots.
4. Loosen connector nut.
5. Remove regulator from alternator.
Secure regulator out of the way.
6. Connect battery ground cable.
Jumper wires must be able to handle 15 amp
current (14 gauge or larger diameter).
Multimeter set to read over 75 vdc.
STE/ICE-R TEST 10
1. Start Test 10, Engine RPM.
2. Crank or start the engine. Displayed reading is
RPM. Cranking RPM should be approximately
100. Set idle speed to 850 RPM.
0-45 DC VOLTS
STE/lCE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED clip to indicated test point,
BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89, DC volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.