Change 1 2-107
Disconnect the return line and
direct it into a suitable container.
Watch the fuel flow from the
return line as you or an assistant
try to start the engine.
FUEL PUMP PRESSURE TEST
1. Connect a tee into the fuel line between the
fuel filter outlet and the injection pump inlet.
2. Attach gauge to tee.
3. Crank (or start) engine.
1. Select Fuel Supply Pressure Test (Test #24).
2. Crank (or start) engine.
FUEL PUMP PRESSURE
FUEL PUMP VOLUME TEST
1. Disconnect fuel line at injection pump inlet and
route fuel line into a suitable, 1 quart container.
2. Crank the engine for 30 seconds.
3. If the pump and lines are ok, you should get
about 1 pint (1/2 quart) (0.5 L) in 30 seconds.
5 AMPS DC
STE/ICE-R TEST 90
1. Connect RED clip to the indicated test point;
BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 90.
3. Displayed reading is in amps.
Diesel fuel is highly flammable. Do
not perform any procedures near fire,
flames, or sparks. Severe injury or
death will result.
When using a multimeter to measure current through
wire 54A, disconnect the wire. Set the ammeter to a
scale of at least 5 amps DC. Connect the red lead of
the multimeter to wire 54A and the black lead to
ground. With the rotary switch in the RUN position,
measure current. Be sure to read the correct scale.
Return the switch to the STOP position. Disconnect
the multimeter and reconnect wire 54A.