(7) After vehicle is driven one or two miles, stop and retighten tire chains.
Ensure as many chain links as possible lie between the sidewall head lugs (5) on
both sides of the tires.
(8) After final tightening, secure loose chain linkage to chain assembly (1)
with wire or other field expedient method.
(9) Occasionally check tire chains (1) during operations to ensure tire
chains (1) have not slipped.
b. Radial Tire Chain Removal.
Remove tire chains from tires as soon as possible after leaving area
requiring their use. Prolonged use of tire chains may damage
(1) Detach locking retainer (4) from end fastener (3) and unhook end
fastener (3) from chain assembly (1).
(2) Unhook inside fastener (2) from chain assembly (1) and remove chain
assembly (1) from tire.
(3) Drive vehicle off chain assembly (1).
(4) Repeat operations listed in steps 1 through 3 above until all tire chain
assemblies (1) have been removed from tires.
(5) Stow tire chain assemblies (1) under drivers seat.