c. Air Filter Element Cleaning.
Do not strike ends of filter element on hard surface, or damage to
filter element may result.
(1) Hold filter element (1) so open end faces ground.
(2) Gently tap completely around filter element (1) with hand to free trapped dirt.
d. Filter Element Installation.
(1) Remove clamp (2) and cover (3) from air cleaner assembly (5).
(2) Position filter element (1) into air cleaner assembly (5) and secure
element (1) to stud (6) with nut and washer assembly (4).
When clamp is secured to end of air cleaner ensure the clamp bolt is
between the three and six oclock positions to prevent damaging
hood when hood is closed.
Perform step 4 for vehicles with new over-center clamp
(3) Install cover (3) on end of air cleaner assembly (5) and position clamp (2)
as shown. Tighten clamp bolt (7).
(4) Install cover (3) on air cleaner assembly (5) and secure with over-center
(5) Lower and secure hood (para. 3-8).