3-12. FIRST-AID KIT RELOCATION
Reports from the field indicate that first-aid kit, stored under the
companion seat and in the battery box compartment, can be
contaminated by battery acid residues. At the discretion of the unit
commander, the first-aid kit can be removed, cleaned, and relocated
under the driver's seat.
a. First-aid Kit Removal.
(1) Remove companion seat (para. 2-15).
(2) Remove first-aid kit (9) from bracket and strap assembly (10) located
inside battery box compartment (14).
(3) Remove two screws (13), nuts (11), four washers (12), and bracket and
strap assembly (10) from battery box compartment (14).
(4) Install companion seat (para. 2-15).
b. First-aid Kit Cleaning.
(1) Using a solution of sodium bicarbonate and water, wash the outside of
first-aid kit (9), rinse, and dry completely.
(2) Inspect inside of first-aid kit (9) for evidence of contamination. If
contaminated, replace first-aid kit (9).