2-49. REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION OF FOUR-MAN CARGO AREA
SOFT TOP ENCLOSURE
For ease of installation, soft top components should be installed when temperatures are above
To prevent seams from leaking, coat with adhesive as needed (refer to appendix D, item 1).
Remove any accumulation of rain, snow, and ice from the
cargo cover as soon as possible. Failure to do so could result
in damage to the cargo cover assembly. If the vehicle is to be
parked for a long period of time, the cargo cover can be
removed. The decision whether or not to remove the cover
should be based on the length of time the vehicle is to be
parked and the expected weather conditions.
a. Removal of Cargo Enclosure.
(1) Unfasten hook and loop attachment (3) securing cargo cover (6) to cab roof (2) at "C" pillar (8).
(2) Unfasten eyelets (5) from turnbuttons (4) on "C" pillar (8), front bow (1), and rear bow (7).
(3) Detach straps (9) from footman loops (11) by depressing locking tabs (12) and loosening straps
(9). Remove grommets (10) from footman loops (11).
(4) Remove cargo cover (6).
b. Removal of Bows.
If bows are broken or bent, reinforce 3/64 in. (1.2 mm) thick bow
walls with steel rod NSN 9510-00-596-2063. Reinforce 3/32 in.
(2.4 mm) bows with steel rod NSN 9510-00-596-2066.
(1) Depress locking tabs (14) and unhook straps (13) from footman loops (15
(2) Remove capscrews (19) securing longitudinal bow (20) to front bow (1) and rear bow (7). Remove
longitudinal bow (20).
(3) Remove four snaprings (17) and pivot pins (16) securing front bow (1) an rear bow (7) to pivot
brackets (18). Remove bows (1) and (7).