g. Installation of Soft Top Doors.
(1) Apply a small amount of seasonal grade OE oil to hinge pins (6), and
install door (1) by inserting hinge pins (6) into hinge brackets (5).
(2) Install door holding check strap (3) on mounting plate (2).
If door is jammed, do not force open. Excessive force may damage
(3) Close door (1). It may be necessary to adjust door hinges (5) or door latch
striker (4) to achieve a tight seal. If adjustment is necessary, notify unit maintenance.
When lowering the soft top door window, always fold the window to
the inside of the vehicle and secure between the door and the door
Remove any accumulation of rain, snow, and ice from the cargo cover
as soon as possible. Failure to do so could result in damage to the
cargo cover assembly. If the vehicle is to be parked for a long period
of time, the cargo cover can be removed. The decision whether or not
to remove the cover should be based on the length of time the vehicle
is to be parked and the expected weather conditions.
For ease of installation, soft top components should be installed
when temperatures are above 72°F (22°C).
To prevent seams from leaking, coat with adhesive as needed
(refer to appendix D, item 1)
a. Removal of Troop Area Enclosure.
(1) Unfasten eyelets (9) from turnbuttons (8) on B pillar (16), front
bow (10), and rear bow (13).
(2) Press locking tab (20) and unhook straps (14) from footman loops (19).
(3) Detach hook and loop attachment securing front flap (7) of troop area
soft top (12) from two-man crew area soft top (17). Remove grommets (18) from
footman loops (19).
(4) Remove troop area cover (12).
b. Removal of Bows. Remove bows (10), (11), and (13) from bow retainer (15).
2-47. REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION OF TROOP AREA SOFT TOP