Do not allow tools to come in contact with vehicle when disconnecting or
connecting slave receptacle cable. Tool contact with vehicle will result in a direct
short, causing instant heating of tool, tool damage, and injury to personnel.
Perform steps 20 through 22 only if fording in salt water.
(20) Disconnect battery ground cable (20).
Battery positive cable must remain on power stud.
(21) Disconnect slave receptacle positive lead 49A (19) at power stud (18).
(22) Connect battery ground cable (20).
(23) Place transfer case shift lever in appropriate range (table 1-9).
(24) Turn off all non-essential electrical loads (lights, fan, heater/defroster).
(25) Place fording selector switch (21) in DEEP FORD" position prior to entering water.
(26) Pull out hand throttle (22) until desired engine speed is obtained. Twist hand throttle (22) to lock in
(27) Open driver and passenger windows.