a. Before Operation.
(1) Ensure operator PMCS have been accomplished and needle of indicator gauge (1) is in the green
zone. Refer to table 2-2.
(2) Refer to para. 2-2 for fire extinguisher stowage location.
Avoid using fire extinguisher in unventilated areas. Prolonged inhalation exposure to
extinguishing agent or fumes from burning materials may cause injury to personnel.
Using fire extinguisher in windy areas will cause rapid dispersal of extinguishing agent and
reduce effectiveness in fire control.
b. During Operation.
(1) To operate fire extinguisher (4), remove from stowage bracket (5). Remove locking pin (2) and direct
nozzle (6) to source of flames.
(2) Squeeze handles (3) together and direct extinguishing agent to base of flames. To extinguish burning
liquid in a container, direct extinguishing agent against inside of container, just above burning liquid.
c. After Operation.
(1) Stow fire extinguisher (4) in stowage bracket (5).
(2) Notify unit maintenance to replace or recharge fire extinguisher (4) after use.