d. Pulling Load.
Refer to table 1-17.1. (Optional 10,500 lb), Winch Data, for pulling capacity.
(1) Remove remote control switch (5) from stowage box (6) and cap (9) from
controller plug (7) and connect hand controller connector (8) to controller plug (7).
(2) Move clutch lever 1 (1) to LOW position and leave clutch lever 2 (4) at
FREE position to place winch (2) in LOW range.
Direct all personnel to stand clear of winch cable during winch
operation. A snapped winch cable may cause injury or death.
Do not move winch levers with load on winch or when powering
winch in or out.
(3) Press OUT remote control button (10) or IN remote control
button (11) until load has been retrieved.
e. Securing Winch After Operation.
Winch cable must be wound onto the drum under a load of at least
500 lbs (227 kg), or outer wraps will draw into the inner wraps and
damage winch cable.
(1) Wind winch cable (2) until hook is 4 ft (1.2 m) from cable guide (12).
(2) Move clutch levers 1 (1) and 2 (4) to FREE positions and rotate drum
by hand to retrieve the remaining cable.
(3) Remove hand controller connector (8) from controller plug (7) and place
remote control switch (5) in stowage box (6).
(4) Move clutch lever 1 (1) to LOW position and clutch lever 2 (4) to
HIGH position to lockup winch (3).
(5) Install cap (9) on controller plug (7).
Clutch lever (1) FREE. Clutch lever (2) FREE FREESPOOL
Clutch lever (1) LOW. Clutch lever (2) HIGH WINCH LOCKED UP
Clutch lever (1) LOW. Clutch lever (2) FREE lock LOW gear
Clutch lever (1) FREE. Clutch lever (2) HIGH lock HIGH gear