The electric winch is equipped with an electronic current limiter
switch to prevent winch overload. If winch stops repeatedly
during operation and restarts in approximately five seconds, the
electronic current limiter is being activated, indicating an
The electric winch is equipped with a thermal cutoff switch to
prevent winch from overheating. If winch stops during operation,
and does not restart within five seconds, wait approximately two
minutes to let winch cool off and allow thermal switch to reset. If
after five minutes winch is still inoperative, notify unit
Do not fully apply hand throttle during engine NO LOAD
condition. Damage to engine may result.
(3) Pull out hand throttle until desired engine speed is obtained.
(4) Operate remote control switch (3) to IN or OUT until load has been
e. Securing Winch After Operation.
Winch cable must be wound onto the drum under a load of at least
500 lbs (227 kg) or outer wraps will draw into the inner wraps and
damage winch cable.
(1) Wind winch cable (5) until hook (2) is 4 ft (1.2 m) from cable guide (6).
(2) Turn clutch lever (1) counterclockwise to FREE SPOOL and rotate
drum by hand to retrieve the remaining cable.
(3) Place remote control switch (3) in stowage box (4).
(4) Turn clutch lever (1) clockwise to ENGAGED.
(5) Release hand throttle.