CARGO BED COVER (CBC) HMMWV, TYPE I
UPPER DOOR ASSEMBLY
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
Screws 1/4-20; Washers, Flat
Tools and Special Tools
No. 10; Lock Nuts 7/16; Rivets;
Screwdriver, Philips #2
Sealing Compound P/N 700145;
Screwdriver, Philips #3
Upper Door Assy P/N 104013;
Wrench, 7/16 Socket
2- Point Door Lock P/N 104052
Drill with 1/8 Bit
Riveter, Blind, Hand
Pliers, Needle Nose
This procedure contains information and instructions to keep CBC upper door assemblies in good
working order by removing and replacing damaged parts, or the entire upper door assembly.
1. Using Philips #3 screwdriver and socket wrench (see WP 0023 00, Table 0023 00-2, Item 1),
remove fourteen screws, nuts and washers (1) from door while loosening nuts from outer side of
door with combo wrench. This requires 2 personnel. Remove door.
2. To remove 2-point door lock assembly (2) remove and discard two cotter pins (3) from latch
bars (4). Remove handle (7) and latch bars.
3. Using Philips #2 screwdriver, remove upper latch bracket (5) by removing two screws and spacers.
Save spacers. Loosen nuts with socket wrench from inside. This requires 2 personnel. Remove
upper latch bracket. Repeat this procedure for lower latch bracket (6).
4. Remove 2-point door lock by using Philips #3 screwdriver and socket wrench (see WP 0023 00,
Table 0023 00-2, Item 1). Remove four screws, nuts and washers while loosening nuts with socket
wrench from inside.
5. To remove outside handle of 2-point door lock (2), use drill (see WP 0023 00, Table 0023 00-2,
Item 3), and drill out three rivets from inner side of door. Pull off handle.