Chemical agent resistant coating (CARC) is extremely toxic and flammable.
Never use where sparks, smoking or open flame may be present. CARC, if
improperly used, may cause long term health problems. Avoid contact with skin,
breathing of fumes, or ingestion of dried particles. Use must be monitored by
local safety office and preventive medicine support activity. Refer to TM 43-0139
for applicable safety precautions prior to removal or application of CARC.
Prime surfaces with MIL-P-23377, Primer (Item 8, WP 0031 00) and paint with MIL-C-22750, Number 34094
(Green 383) (Item 9, WP 0031 00) in accordance with TM 43-0139.
Use Coating, Anti-Slip (Item 12, WP 0031 00) on ladder steps.
1. Chock wheels and set brakes before work begins.
2. Remove ladder (4) from rear storage compartment and insert hooks in Overhead Cargo/Maintenance Rack
Assembly. (Figure 1)
3. Remove locking pins (5) to lower stabilizer bar (6) toward vehicle. Install locking pins (5). (Figure 1)
4. Remove handrail assemblies from forward storage compartment and extend all vertical handrail extensions.
Secure with locking pins (3).
5. Ascend ladder to Overhead Cargo/Maintenance Rack Assembly. Install extended handrail assemblies into
appropriate handrail nests, beginning with center extension first and then the outer two extensions. Secure in
the nests with locking pins.
6. Remove the safety assemblies from the roadside middle storage area and attach the safety chains and bars
to each side handrail assembly. Stow the bungee cords.
7. Latch safety bars (1) and safety chains (2). (Figure 1)
End Of Work Package
0017 00-7/(8 Blank)