REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
Bonded Panel Repairs
Core material in these panels is end core balsa, with a thickness of 0.250 in.
1. Bonded panel repairs will be completed in accordance with Chapter 9 of TM 1-1500-204-23-10. Material
listing for repair supplies will be found in WP 0031 00.
Replacing Door Seal
1. Once seal (1) has been peeled from door (2), remove old adhesive, oxidation, dirt, and /or other contaminates
from door seal area. (Figure 2)
2. Rough sand door seal seat area with 100 Grit Paper, (Item 6, WP 0031 00), or similar, to prepare surface for
4. Apply permabond cyanoacrylate (superglue) adhesive, (Item 4, WP 0031 00), in a continuous bead on front,
back, and edge of door seal seat area.
5. Place new seal on door and hold in place for approximately 3 to 5 minutes to allow adhesive to set.
Chemical agent resistant coating (CARC) is extremely toxic and flammable.
Never use where sparks, smoking or open flame may be present. CARC, if
improperly used, may cause long term health problems. Avoid contact with skin,
breathing of fumes, or ingestion of dried particles. Use must be monitored by
local safety office and preventive medicine support activity. Refer to TM 43-0139
for applicable safety precautions prior to removal or application of CARC.
6. Prime surfaces with MIL-P-23377, Primer (Item 8, WP 0031 00) and paint with MIL-C-22750, Number 34094
(Green 383) (Item 9, WP 0031 00) in accordance with TM 43-0139.
1. If seal (1) has been removed from door (2), attach new seal following instructions in Replacing Door Seal
above. (Figure 2)
2. Attach striker plates (3) to door (2) with 4 rivets (4).
3. Attach 2 draw latches (5) to main box assembly (6) with 8 rivets (7).
4. Place door (2) on main box assembly (7) aligning bolts (5) with open slots in rails (6). (Figure 1)
End Of Work Package
0015 00-3/(4 Blank)