3. Remove bolt (6) and mounting bracket (7) from latch (8).
4. Swing latch (8) toward outside of door (3) and remove.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
Bonded Panel Repairs
Core material in these panels is end core balsa, with a thickness of 0.250 in.
1. Bonded panel repairs will be completed in accordance with Chapter 9 of TM 1-1500-204-23-10. Material
listing for repair supplies will be found in WP 0031 00.
Chemical agent resistant coating (CARC) is extremely toxic and flammable.
Never use where sparks, smoking or open flame may be present. CARC, if
improperly used, may cause long term health problems. Avoid contact with skin,
breathing of fumes, or ingestion of dried particles. Use must be monitored by
local safety office and preventive medicine support activity. Refer to TM 43-0139
for applicable safety precautions prior to removal or application of CARC.
1. Prime surfaces with MIL-P-23377, Primer (Item 8, WP 0031 00) and paint with MIL-C-22750, Number 34094
(Green 383) (Item 9, WP 0031 00) in accordance with TM 43-0139.
1. Insert latch (8) into latch opening of door (3).
2. On inside of door (3), place mounting bracket (7) over latch (8) and line up bolt holes.
3. Insert bolt (6) into bolt hole and tighten until latch is secure in door (3).
4. Attach hasp and staple (5) to door (3) and main box assembly with 7 rivets (4).
5. Attach hinge (2) to door (3) with 5 rivets (1).
6. Attach hinge (2) to main box assembly with 5 rivets (1).
7. Seal all outside joints, seams, bolts and rivet heads with Number 8802 extrudable sealant (Item 4, WP 0031
End Of Work Package